Friday 29 July 2011

Crochet Dolly and a Crochet Monkey Pattern

This is the dolly I made for my sisters baby, the nursery is lemons and whites and dolly is sitting waiting patiently for my niece to be born...17 days to go till the due date....I'm so excited!!!

Anyway, back to the monkey pattern, the seller was dead right, the pattern was not good, the only part that was right on the head was round 2 3 and 4. The body was far too small for the head, the arms were made for pipe cleaners to go in, but I loved the thumbs.

So my mission began, I wanted to make a monkey that was cute like my dolly, soft and snuggly and the same sort of size.  I began to crochet, after every round I wrote down what I did, but then later on I realized that it wasn't going right, had to undo it, re-do it and keep making sure I wrote everything down.  It took me 4 hours just to get the head right and it's only the size of a satsuma!!!  The body was going to be easy because all I did was add a few extra rounds to my dolly pattern so it could be a separate part, then I spent a while getting the eye patches in proportion to the rest of the head.  The ears came next and then the arms/legs with those cute little thumbs, a tail and a tummy patch.....my first monkey pattern :)

 If you would like to buy the pattern for a dollar, then visit this link to my shop  http://www.etsy.com/listing/78748442/my-first-monkey-rattle-crochet-amigurumi?utm_source=OpenGraph&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share&show_panel=true
I also have some other patterns in my dollar sale :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment